TR3 Driving Lamp wiring question

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3 Driving Lamp wiring question
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@ptd.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:16:00 -0500
Question...I set up my driving/fog lamps today but am having trouble with the
wiring. Both lamps are grounded, both hot leads from the bulb connections go
to one pole on the Lucas switch along with a "hot lead from the ammeter with
an inline fuse. The other pole on the switch is grounded. With the switch
"Off" and the ignition "Off" both lights remain on, this is with the switch
pushed in. When I pull the switch out "On" the 25 amp fuse blows?

Being the "wiring-challenged" individual I am, is there another alternative
that is as simple, that might work just a little better. Thanks for the help.

Dave Willner
NJTA, NASS #271
59 TR3A Apple Green
80 Spitfire Carmine Red