Re: GT6-3: Brake Booster

To: vze34wdb@verizon.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6-3: Brake Booster
From: TBe749@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:36:07 EST
In a message dated 12/8/2004 9:20:08 PM Central Standard Time,
vze34wdb@verizon.net writes:
Yo:

I have two used brake boosters on my bench and I am resolved to put one
of them in.  Both were sold to me as "working when removed."  I'm not
hopelessly optimistic that either will work, but is there a way to bench
test a brake booster before installing it?  (This would save me from
cleaning/blasting/painting a bad booster.)

Martin
If you have a service manual in car testing is described in a series of 5
tests (One prior to connecting the lines). If not, let me know and I will scan
the page next week from work for you.

I had mine rebuilt by Norton Classic Servos in the UK. There email is

pc@norton-servos.co.uk

Also, is it just plumbed
directly into the M/C, or is there a check valve in the line somewhere
like the aftermarket item?

The inlet line (closest to center of car) comes through the PDWA first. There
are no other valves, etc.

Tom Beaver
Indy
73 GT6