RE: Flash to pass - more info?

To: "'Gerald M Van Vlack'" <jerryvv@alltel.net>, "'Anthony Rhodes'" <spamiam@comcast.net>, "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Flash to pass - more info?
From: "Bill Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 16:30:20 -0000
> From: Gerald M Van Vlack [mailto:jerryvv@alltel.net]
>
> I looked in the Parts Manual that I have and while it says there are
> unique
> switches for right and left side cars it describes the switch as having a
> flash feature. I wonder why there were unique switches for the two cars.
> I've never driven a right hand drive car, are the column switches reversed
> side to side?
> Perhaps a Lucas Parts Book can shed some light on the subject.

I've got a handful of Lucas Triumph Applications catalogue here, but not a
comprehensive collection. The 1968 and 1970 editions show part numbers
35782A/B (LHD) and 35783A/B (RHD) on the TR250/TR5 and TR6. These are both
described as "Lighting and headlamp flashing".
Going back to the 1966 list, the TR4a is shown as using part numbers
34987B/D (LHD) and 34988D (RHD), described as Lighting and headlamp
flasher". The earlier catalogue for 1965 lists only the TR4, so outside the
scope of this switch design.
Incidentally, all switches listed are sub-types of model 102SA.
Cheers,
Bill.

http://www.rarebits4classics.co.uk