Re: NOS TR2 TR3 TR4 Stebro exhaust on ebay

To: yellowtr@adelphia.net, rx74evr@mchsi.com
Subject: Re: NOS TR2 TR3 TR4 Stebro exhaust on ebay
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 22:32:44 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 11/8/2004 7:23:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
yellowtr@adelphia.net writes:

I did  see that and was wondering what they cost say during the 60's?

I think  the opening bid is about 150 $.

Would it be worth the opening  bid?

=======

I wish I could remember...or find one of my old copies of R&T from the  era.
Neither is possible at the moment. ;-)

Actually, I seem to remember Stebro and Abarth systems both being, uh, "up
there" in terms of price, much as the better stainless steel systems are  now.

And I actually DO remember that I bought a complete Stebro system about  1973
or so for my TR3A. Only reason I bought it is because I got a great  discount
for some reason or other. Thing is, I already had a nearly new stock  system
on the 3A, but it came off without incident and was sold to a neighbor  with a
gorgeous "triple-black" TR4 down the road.

I haven't looked under that 3A in a long time, so I don't know how much of
the system is still intact. Those twin pipes are still sticking fairly straight
 out underneath the back of the car, though. 3As had a nice sound with the
stock  Harmo or Burgess exhaust systems, but it was (to much younger ears) just
that  much nicer a sound with the Stebro without being "Monza" annoying. ;-)

I'd say that this system on eBay is worth at least the opening bid.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)