Re: info

To: "FRED E THOMAS" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>, "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: info
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:37:49 -0500
From: "FRED E THOMAS" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>
To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 10:50 AM
Subject: info

> Does anyone have a copper head gasket with the word "UP" stamped on it and
the
> rocker oiler holes at both ends, if so which side is "UP", please I have
only
> a asbestos one and no writing on it, I need to settle a discussion I'm
having.
> "FT"

Fred:

You Southern gentlemen may call it a "discussion" but Yankees call it an
argument!

While doing a hardened seat operation a couple of weeks ago, I replaced the
head gasket on the TR2.  Don't know how long the replaced gasket was on
there but the copper gasket did have a rocker oil hole on both ends and the
only stamping was the "Made in England" on the "folded" side.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana

Check out the new British Cars Forum: