RE: Incorrect auxiliary lights for TR4

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <steven@newellboys.com> i7LCitt2013551
Subject: RE: Incorrect auxiliary lights for TR4
From: "Dean Mericas" <dmericas@limno.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 08:40:41 -0400
Steve --

I'm on that same quest.  The lamp that I've found that looks closest to
being right for the period is the Cibie Tango in a chrome finish, but they
ain't cheap at $90 each from Daniel Stern Lighting
(http://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html). Still that
beats $140 for a Lucas with lower performance.  Hella used to make a chrome
series 160 that is very period correct, and looked great on my Volvo 1800ES,
but it had a definite Germanic look, to my eye. You may still be able to get
them from Susquehanna Motorsports, they list them on their web site
(http://www.rallylights.com/hella/160.asp) at $60 ea.

Keep us posted on what you learn from others.

Dean Mericas
1965 TR4
1974 2000 GTV