best US designed car

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: best US designed car
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:01:35 -0500
Listers:

Today was the high light of the year for me.  I drove for about a 25 mile trip
a absolutely perfectly restored 1936 Cord 810.  This particular car was
purchased by Kay Buehrig in 1979 as a surprise 75 birthday present for her
husband who was the man responsible for the design.  To have driven a car
designed and owned by such a giant in the industry was a distinct honor.
Gordon Buehrig was instrumental in the design of many of the fabled
Duesenbergs and was the chief architect of what has been called one of the
greatest automotive designs - the Cord 810 / 812.  Brand new in 1936 the Cord
was selling for around $2500 while the Ford or Chevrolet was about $500.  It
is the only car that I have driven in the last ten or so years that I would
trade even for the 54 TR2.

Reason for the trip is prepping it to be included in the parade of classics in
Auburn, IN the Saturday of Labor Day week end.  Awesome is the word to
describe the sight of about a 100 classic Auburn, Cord and Duesenberg
automobiles on parade.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana

Check out the new British Cars Forum: