Re: TR6 Driveshaft Bolt - Grade Needed

To: dmallin@attglobal.net, kradicke@wishboneclassics.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Driveshaft Bolt - Grade Needed
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:56:45 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/13/2004 9:53:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dmallin@attglobal.net writes:

I have  yet another set of new drive shaft bolts from TRF made in the UK.
These  are zink plated, and have R S B across the "top" with an S at  6:00.

What's it all mean....

=====

I'd have to guess that the "R S B" and "A R B" are initials for the company
that makes the bolts. I'm not that familiar with most of these bolt-head
initialisms, but one I do remember is C R S D, which one might find on original

bolts. It stands for Charles Richards' Sons, Darlaston (or something like
that).

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a  jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your,  er,
Triumph Herald engine with wings.
-- Cut-price  Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: