TR7 For Sale in Janesville, WI

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR7 For Sale in Janesville, WI
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 17:14:00 -0500
I happened to be driving on Highway 26, north of Janesville, WI, last night,
when I noticed a TR7 sitting outside a used equipment dealer (JEC, for those
of you from the area).  It is for sale, the sign says "low miles" and the
guy wants $2500 or best offer.  I looked it over (the place was closed, so I
couldn't ask any questions) and it looked pretty solid, with no apparent
rust.  The paint looked original and was faded.  I could only see the
interior through the windows, because the car was locked, and it looked to
be in very good shape.  It was getting dark so I couldn't read the odometer
very well through the window, but it looked like the first digit may have
been a 4, so maybe it has 40k miles or so on it.  It has alloy wheels that I
think are original (although I know next to nothing about 7s).  I noticed
that the "Triumph" decals on the car looked in excellent shape - it was only
after I started home that I realized they were Triumph motorcycle decals!
Apart from that one aberration, the car looked in pretty good shape although
I have no idea if it runs or how well it drives.

If anyone is interested in this car, JEC's phone number is (608) 868-4400.
I don't often drive in that direction, and when I do its not usually during
the work day, but I could do a little more on-site research if someone is
really interested in the car and cannot see it himself.  However, let me
repeat, I know nothing about 7s so don't trust my judgment when it comes to
originality questions.

Michael Marr
Naperville, IL
1960 TR3A