Re: rear oil seal -- sort of changed, Jonmac & Randall

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rear oil seal -- sort of changed, Jonmac & Randall
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:55:24 -0400
> > Our local club president used the dimension that Moss gave her, and her
TR4
> with "high tech" seal leaks far worse than I've ever seen an original seal
> leak.  Moss admitted the dimension was wrong, but refused to do anything
> about the damaged crank.  I doubt any of the other vendors would either.
>
> Randall
------------------
...And as we congregate to derivate the root of the word "smidgen" that
confuses our English friend Jonmac, we can herein clarify that the TR4
owner's experience Randall cites above...is the source of the term "cranky."

Speaking of words, Jonmac, the Oxford English Dictionary (at least my 30
year old one) doesn't show "smidgen."  Nevertheless, conventional empirical
wisdom of the haphazard slaphanded sort has it as:  "bit, dash, dollop,
smattering, sprinkle, tad, and touch,  measured in metrics but pronounced in
US."  Use the term liberally in a conservative way, remembering that
centrists use moderation in all things...including moderation...because
middle-of-the-road is where roadkill happens.

Hope this helps.

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A TS 58667  Body off, rest mostly on.
New Hampshire

Check out the new British Cars Forum: