Triumph sighting

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Triumph sighting
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 20:30:42 -0700
I don't usually report on every Triumph I see, but this sighting was a bit
unusual.  We went into San Francisco today to see the show "Movin' Out".
BTW, if you haven't heard of it, it was conceived and choreograghed by Twyla
Tharp and tells a story solely through dance to the music of Billy Joel.

Anyway, halfway through "Scenes from an Italian restaurant", a lead charater
enters stage right driving, of all things, a TR4 - faded red paint, a dented
fender, and smoke oozing out from under the grill. It serves as a prop for
the dancers for the remainder of that number and the next. During "Movin'
Out", as the story goes, the car wouldn't start.  A neighborly cop tinkers
under the hood and get's him going again - exit stage right, never to be
seen again.  I thought it was the highlite of the show, my wife didn't quite
agree.

As an aside, I'm guessing they converted the car to an electric motor of
some sort - it definitely went on it's own power, with out noise or exhaust,
and when they had the hood up I could see enough to know it wasn't a Triumph
engine.

Sorry for wasting the bandwidth, just thought you might find it interesting.

Bob

Check out the new British Cars Forum: