Forwarded: Oiling the rocker arms

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Oiling the rocker arms
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 19:47:20 -0600
For some reason this was sent to me rather than triumphs@autox.team.net.
If your internet access is web-capable, check out

  http://www.team.net/posting.html

mjb.
----

    From: "Dale" <dalfo@dslextreme.com>
    Subject: Oiling the rocker arms
    Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:37:21 -0800

Just rebuilt my TR3 engine. Before starting, I rigged up a shaft and drove
the oil pump with a drill to precharge the oil lines and check for leaks.

To my surprise there was no oil coming up to the rocker arms. Checking
further I found the only path for the oil was from the rear cam bearing.
There didn't seem to be any direct connection to the oil galley.  Am I
missing something, just how does the rocker shaft get oil ?

A second problem, I found I'm missing an oil galley plug.  The Moss
catalog list the part as NA.  Is there another source?

Dale

Check out the new British Cars Forum: