RE: Wheel stud question

To: "'Raymond Hatfield'" <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wheel stud question
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 22:09:32 -0700 i6V5Ddt2030031
Raymond,

Since I was one of the ones who recommended these (and use them), I'll give
you my reasons:

1. Readily available from several sources at a reasonable price. Most Speed
shops carry them.

2. Easily obtainable lug nuts (see sources, above)

3. You don't have to drill/machine the hubs to accept them.  The "usual"
upgrade is to use 1/2" studs, (since the stockers are 7/16") but those
require re-drilling the hub, since the knurl is much larger.  The ARP
100-7708 studs are a thousand or so smaller dia. than the stock TR parts.  I
also used some Locktite as "insurance", and have had no problems with them.

4. They are longer than the stock studs and are of a high-quality.

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6