250/6 Bonnet release cable

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 250/6 Bonnet release cable
From: TBe749@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 12:52:43 -0400
Just thought I would share a recent experience with said subject matter. We've
had our 250 for three years now. It had always required two people to open the
bonnet. One person pulling the under dash release and the other person pushing
the bonnet down close to the catch. I had tried adjusting the bonnet and male
and female parts of the catch device. Not good.

Several months ago (or years), I ordered two new cables (inside and out). One
from TRF and one from one of the other Big Three. I put on the "others" first.
Well, it didn't work either. Same old scenario. Last night, I finally took off
the installed new one and put on TRF's. Walla, it pops right up now without any
outside assistance. The outside sleeve was evidently collapsing and not pulling
the catch lever. Needless to say I'm saving it to throw in Darrell's woods
someday.

I know this topic is not new. But for those of us still living in the dark ages
and using there original release cables...buy your replacements from TRF. They
are different and actually work.

Tom Beaver
TR250, CD 7876LO
GT6, KF 20461U