RE: HELP ON TR6

To: "'technical-iwnet@wight365.net'" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>, "Triumph List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: HELP ON TR6
From: "McMaster, John" <JOHN.MCMASTER@act.gov.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:21:13 +1000
Graham,

Unfortunately the US Spec cars didn't have a baffled tank.  You'll need to
either fit a new, PI tank or, as I have done, a surge tank between the main
tank, filter and pump.  I actually used a CAV filter (similar to the main
filter on the PI's) and removed the cartridge from the centre - gives me
about a litre of fuel.  Prior to this, the pump would cavitate wildly on
left hand turns and eventually suck air through the system which would then
need bleeding!  There's a few other things you may need to look at in doing
the conversion as well - let me know if you need any more details.

John Mc
'71 TR6 PI
'76 Dolomite Sprint

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Help on TR6. (and I got to tell someone about the fantastic meeting we just
had!)

Hi Folks
A friend of mine has a US spec TR6 which he wants to convert to Injection.
All the bits are available from his next door neighbour who has a spares car
to dispose of! What I would like to know is did the TR6 have a swirl chamber
in the tank like the injected saloons, and if so was it present on the US
spec carburetted cars, or was it omitted to save money the same as the
carburetted saloons. Or, do we need to swap the tanks over or will the tank
from his non injection car be the same.
Thanks in advance.

 This email, and any attachments, may be confidential and also privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient:
Please notify the sender and delete all copies of this transmission along
with any attachments immediately.
You should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to
any other person.