Re: TR250 bonnet release cable (TR4-TR6)

To: "Roger Elliott" <elliottr@rmi.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR250 bonnet release cable (TR4-TR6)
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:29:16 -0500
From: "Roger Elliott" <elliottr@rmi.net>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 10:43 AM
Subject: TR250 bonnet release cable (TR4-TR6)

> So after all that,  my question is is there a secret to getting the
> bonnet cable installed and working fairly easily?

 Roger:

The fool proof solution to that bonnet release is in VTR's membership
magazine issue number 72 on page 1655.  The issue is dated Summer of 99 so
it may be kind of hard to find.  The article, written by Joe Cannon of the
Capital Triumph Register in D.C., shows the photo of a fabricated lever that
attaches to the right side of the bonnet latch.  The lever bolts through the
hole on the right side of that latch and simply pulls that tongue rearward.
Kind of hard to explain but Andy Mace might ask VTR's Mike Cook to rerun
that article.  If you will send me your mailing address I can copy and mail
to you (don't ask for the new fangled way cause I can't).

I installed that lever on my 4A a few years ago and have never used the
cable since.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana