Re: Cam/Crank wheel Q

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cam/Crank wheel Q
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 21:34:03 +0100
Hi John
I would (and have done several times) go through the unmarked procedure even
with marks present, you have more time than the guy on the production line
ever dreamt about, and you probably care more than he did! On one engine I
did the mark was out by 1/4 tooth, not blaming the factory, the bits may
have already been mixed up in the previous life of the car!
Better still get a vernier timing wheel and get it right, you will find that
there is usually a choice on stock stuff, run the cam a little bit advanced
or a little bit retarded, and I hate that 'couse I can never remember which
is preferable!

Graham.