Re: removal of wiper wheel box nut

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: removal of wiper wheel box nut
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 20:57:33 +0100
Hi Dave
The only solution I have found for these is a hacksaw, I have busted too
many of these to even think about removing them if they don't come undone
right away!
The solution is to cut one flat off as close the spindle as possible without
cutting the thread off then tap the cut end lightly with a hammer through a
small chisel or if you don't have one a screwdriver, this is usually enough
to break the nut and allow it to be threaded off. I have had some where I
have had to cut the other side of the nut off and remove the two remaining
sections with the hammer and chisel.
Hope this helps.

Graham.