electrical problem up date

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: electrical problem up date
From: FGFO1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 20:27:56 EDT
as i mentioned in my last posting, when i got the car 58-TR3A it had no front
marker/indicator lights.
when running wires i found a connector on the front passenger side that had 2
wires going into the bottom of a 4 way connector, looked like it needed at
least one more wire to keep company. so i stuck my light stick into it and yes
it flashed with the passenger side so i figured that must be the place. both
wires coming in are green with a brown stripe.
now what i have just noticed is when i turn the left turn signal on the right
flashes also. and having just run down into the garage i find that the left
side also does the same. it flashes no matter which way one is indicating from
the control head. it too is green with a brown stripe. so it would appear that
green with a brown stripe is some form of common wire. but maybe not see 2nd
para below.
The only other candidate on the passenger side is a connector with just one
wire coming into one side and nothing coming out of the other side. That wire
is green with a red stripe.

also i am now experiencing a short in the control head as i cant stop the
flasher unit from ticking away.
maybe IM shorting to both sides? but i still am not getting power to the back
driver side.
what a mess
thanks again
Frank Fisher