Felt seal and goo 6.26.0.10; VDF: 6.26.0.43; host: imx2.tcd.ie)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Felt seal and goo 6.26.0.10; VDF: 6.26.0.43; host: imx2.tcd.ie)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:11:36 +0100
I fitted the felt seal to my rear bearing cap yesterday. I followed
the recommended cut into 1" lengths, soak in  Wellaseal for 30
minutes, then start ramming the pieces home with a suitable tool. The
only thing that worried me slightly about the operation was that the
Wellaseal started to ooze out from behind the circular part of the
aluminium seal and also from where the bearing cap sits down into the
block. I had to go chasing the goo as it ran down inside the block.
Is this normal?
John
--
John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)