First 50 miles

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: First 50 miles
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:00:28 EDT
I took our TR3 to Topeka, Kansas today for inspection.  The first real drive.
 The overdrive shifted HARD,, so I used the clutch, the water pump pulley
loosened, and toward the end of the trip the fuel pump quit, but not
completely,
and I could use the hand lever on the pump.  I'd pump the bowls full and drive
a mile or two, then repeat.  I had rebuilt the pump, along with a spare.  I
just finished putting on the spare and so far so good.  The rubber gaskets at
the base of front float bowl is now dribbling so I'll replace them.  The leak
started when I replaced an in-line fuel filter and twisted the bowl.  Overall,,
It seemed to be a good trip.  Does anyone else use the clutch when shifting
the overdrive?  Could my fuel problem be something other than the pump?  It
pumps just fine with the hand lever.  As always, it's GREAT to hear your
comments
and suggestions.  THANKS, Kent Shrack TS78,563