TR motors & engine stands ("http://j-chkmail.ensmp.fr")! 0.70j

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR motors & engine stands ("http://j-chkmail.ensmp.fr")! 0.70j
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 07:49:40 -0400
Hello listers:
Asking about listers experiences in rebuilding TR motors and using engine
stands. Looking at my motor last night and trying to mount it to an engine
stand and realized that I couldn't access the rear seal bolts if the motor
was mounted on an engine stand plate. Also, replacing the rear seal would
be a chore if the motor was on a stand.
What have other list members done while rebuilding their motors? Start on a
bench, then move the motor to a stand for final reassembly? What about
putting the head back on while the motor is on a stand? Does this work out OK?
Thanks for any advice.

Angelo Graham
'55 TR2