Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #1985 http://netwinsite.com/

To: ScharfR@aol.com, timipurdy@citlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #1985 http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:58:49 -0500
>I'm in the same boat as Tim above (needing TR4 tires).  I'm looking to buy

>the 165-15 size radials at a reasonable price.  To me, this rules out the
>expensive re-makes from Coker tires, among others.  In looking over the
available
>choices, I have found a number of alternatives: Kumho, Signet, Cooper and
a few
>others.  Have any list members had experience with any of these brands, in

>this size?

I have the Kumho Euro-Metric 165-15 on the 60-spoke wires.  Cost me 28
bucks each from Tire Rack two years ago and they work great.  Lots of stick
for this style of tire and makes the car look and feel like it would have
in the old days.  I've picked up a couple of autocross trophies with it,
too.

The tire of this type that used to work great on my Sonett was the Kleber
V-12, but I don't know that you can get them anymore.

Phil Ethier