Choke cable adjustment

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Choke cable adjustment
From: "Joe Lynn" <jlynn604@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:26:52 -0400
I just finished rebuilding the SU's on my TR3A, and solved my out-of-control
idle problem. The running temp looks better too. My last adjustment is the
choke cable. I haven't found a good description of how it should operate.
There seems to be 2 stops as I pull it out from the dash. When should the
jets begin to lower? Right now, they don't move until the cable is almost
completely pulled out. Is the 1st half of the pull just supposed to move the
fast idle cam? Should the jets then start to move as I pass that 1st notch?
I've only started it cold once since putting the carbs back, & I had to pull
the cable out as far as I could & hold it to get it to start. It seems like
there's too much slack, but I don't know how much to move it.

TIA,
Joe Lynn
59 TR3A