Michigan/Ontario British Reliability Run Update

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu, stag@digest.net, triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Michigan/Ontario British Reliability Run Update
From: "Blake J. Discher" <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:20:02 -0400
Hi everyone...

This is an update on the 2004 Michigan British Reliability Run which this
year circles one of the Great Lakes, Lake Huron, through Michigan and
Ontario, Canada, to raise money to send underprivileged children with
diabetes to summer camp.  The Run takes place September 25-26th of this
year.  You may have read about last year's run in Classic Motorsports
Magazine, AutoWeek Magazine, or British Marque Magazine.

As of today, there are 29 teams registered for the two-day, 850 mile run
for charity.  Each team has a goal of reaching $500 in donations and I'm
happy to report that the Little British Car Company has graciously arranged
space on their secure server to accept credit card donations in any amount
for our cause.  The owner, Jeff Zorn, will fax the credit card information
to either the American Diabetes Association or the Canadian Diabetes
Association, depending on which team receives a donation.  (We have
entrants from both countries!)  Individuals making a donation will receive
a receipt for their donation directly from the charity.  Pretty simple.

So here's why I am writing: first, to get more drivers involved.  The early
registration discount ends June 30th.  Second, to ask fellow British car
enthusiasts around the world to make a donation, however small, to help get
kids with diabetes to an educational but fun summer camp.  The money we
raise is specifically earmarked for kids whose family's otherwise would not
be able to afford the cost of camp.

We have cars ranging from a 1948 MG TC to a 2004 Mini and everything in
between.  There's probably a car representing whatever marque you fancy to
which a donation would be gladly accepted.  Teams personally pay all their
expenses related to the trip, all money donated is given to the
charities.  Last year's run raised $12,000 to send children with hemophilia
to camp, we hope to surpass that amount this year!  We've only three months
until the run, any size donation will help us reach our goal.  Information
and donations can be made at the very extensive event web site:
<http://www.mibrr.com>.  Thank you for your consideration and please
forward this to any British car list you may also be on.

Cheers,
Blake Discher, event organizer
Michigan British Reliability Run

----
I'll be driving for charity in the 2004 Michigan British Reliability Run!
Info & Secure credit card donations: http://www.mibrr.com