re: Fw: tech list

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Fw: tech list
From: Dennis N Culligan <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 16:31:47 -0400 HFB2|May 18, 2004) at 06/03/2004 16:33:15
Bob Lang wrote:
>Common sense should
>prevail - if you're driving a "barn-find" to the event that hasn't been
>driven at all in 30 years, please be realistic about wheher using the car
>in _any_ driving event is a good idea.

    A friend has an MGB that he's only owned for a year or so
and has never driven more than 30-50 miles from home. He brought
it to Lime Rock Park last weekend and drove in our autocross.  All
was well until we were out on the track for our parade laps at
lunch time - All of a sudden, he lost power and could hardly keep
the car going. He nursed it back into the paddock and started
looking around, thinking it was an electrical problem.  I thought
about the car's recent history (of mostly non-driving) and sug-
gested he check his fuel filter - it was absolutely jammed with
crud from the gas tank, stirred up during some spirited autocrossing
runs.  As per usual, Bob knows of what he speaks.

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6  CF57948U - TR6IUMPH

PS - There were no poofters at MY autocross!  (not that there's anything
wrong with that...)