TR3 Vertical Link

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Vertical Link
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 18:17:05 -0700
     My TR3A took a bad hit in the front right hand corner long before I
bought it. The hit bent the wheel, the wheel hub and the lower A-arm mounts
to the frame. I fixed these things, but also suspect the stub axle, the
vertical link and the upper A-arms. I bought a new vertical link off of Ebay
that is NOS. This vertical link has a crank to it for caster. From the
threaded part at the bottom there is a bend so that the top part of the link
is aft of the bottom part by a small amount. The new vertical links from
MOSS have the same part number, meaning that they are selling the same
vertical link for left or right sides. Do TR3 or TR4 vertical links have any
bend to them? Did I buy the wrong link? This vertical link that I have could
not work on the left side, I don't think.
     I need to know because soon because someone is selling a TR4 vertical
link on Ebay that I am thinking of bidding on.
     TIA,

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA