RE: Dumb question: TR3A wipers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dumb question: TR3A wipers
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:05:22 -0700
> OK, how do the wiper arms come off?  I assumed there'd be some sort of set
> screw at the base of the arms where it attaches to the pivot, but I can't
> see anything.

Depends on the arm, some of them have a little spring clip under the edge
under the arm.  But for most of them (on a TR3A), you just pry the arm off
of the little drum on the spindle.  Generally I pry on the side opposite the
arm and lift up on the arm at the same time.

>   The outer nut on the base doesn't seem to have any effect.

That nut holds the wheelboxes to the car !

Randall