Re: TR6 Turn Signal Switch

To: hfader@usa.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Turn Signal Switch
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 21:34:48 EDT
In a message dated 6/8/2004 4:13:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,  hfader@usa.net
writes:

My TR6  turn signal switch has let out some of its internal smoke.  Closer
examination shows that the center pole on the switch is shorted to  ground.
It looks like replacement involves dismantling the steering column.  Any tips
on how to make this easy? Anything else I should do while I'm in  there?
Anybody got an old part they want to sell or  swap?

=====

Swapping in a new signal switch isn't terribly difficult. The "trick" is to
slacken the upper (and possibly lower) support clamps enough to allow you to
REMOVE what my Herald Workshop Manual so cleverly calls the "cable trough."
Once  that's done, the switch and wires will come out easily, and the new one
should  go in almost as easily.

In the distant past, I've tried to do the job without removing that cable
trough. Not worth the copious amounts of blue language that will echo off the
walls of your workspace. ;-)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a  jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your,  er,
Triumph Herald engine with wings.
-- Cut-price  Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)