Wanted modern paint codes for TR3A white(s)

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wanted modern paint codes for TR3A white(s)
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 14:27:01 -0400
I recently had some accident damage repaired on the front apron of my daily
driver TR3A.  It's currently a non-original cream/white which I like, but is
badly in need of a strip/repaint so I thought I'd take the opportunity to
see what the original white looked like.   I figured it would be an easy
thing for a local shop to cross reference with their paint supplier given
that I had the original ICI paint codes from W Piggot's book and the (I
thought) more common PPG codes from this site:
http://teglerizer.com/triumphcolors/ <http://teglerizer.com/triumphcolors/>

No such luck, Dupont, Sherwin Williams and 2-3 other paint companies I'm not
familiar with couldn't do it.  The closest I could do was a Dupont code
174739 but Dupont Canada didn't have a modern (acrylic?) formulation for
this older paint code.

And as luck would have it, this was while the list was down so I couldn't
ask here.  So in the mean time the shop just colour matched the cream that
was already on it.

SOMEBODY must have been over this ground a few times already; does anybody
have modern codes for "Spa White" or "Sebring White" from companies other
then ICI & PPG?

Thanks,

Art.