Re: TR4 tail lights, front flashers, etc.

To: jholekamp@sbcglobal.net ("James R. Holekamp"), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 tail lights, front flashers, etc.
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:45:28 -0400
In a message dated 4/30/2004 11:06:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jholekamp@sbcglobal.net writes:

> My '64 TR4 (CT38895LO)was delivered by a German dealership to its original
>owner - I'm the second owner. I bought the car in Germany(Jul, 1967)and
>shipped it to the US in April, 1969. The car has amber turn signal lenses
>front & back, a centigrade water temp gauge and a miles per hour speedometer.
>It also has a white steel dash, not commonly found on
> a North American TR4s so late in the run. It has a steering column lock /
>ignition switch of German manufacture, which was installed at the factory per
>the BMIHT build certificate. I'd say the BMIHT build certificate would be the
>best start point to determine what a TR4 should have.

Just out of curiosity, does your car also have the slightly different,
German-spec (only?) rear number plate lighting? ISTR that German-spec cars did
NOT have the lamps in/on the overriders; rather, they used a pair of the
typical Lucas number plate lamp such as found on later TR3As, Heralds and
earlier Spitfires.

--Andy Mace