RE: Engine coatings

To: <MJSUKEY@cs.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine coatings
From: "Glenn Coughenour" <gecoughenour@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:26:50 -0400 i3T0RfRS003763
On a couple of projects in a previous job I worked with engineers at several
of the big heavy duty diesel engine companies: Cummins, Caterpillar, Detroit
Diesel.  When chatting over a beer, we would talk about these things.  These
companies can't afford not to look at these things - they are selling
durability and efficiency.  My conclusion from that "high level" technical
discussion is that most of these are snake oil.

Glenn C
1959 TR3A TS31684L [in total frame up restoration]
1960 TR3A TS64803L [driving, but needs work]