Re: Tonneau Question

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tonneau Question
From: "Paul Willoughby" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 13:24:26 -0700
> > List,
> >
> > I'm considering purchasing a tonneau cover for my TR4.  Will these keep
> rain
> > out of the car when fully zipped up?
>
>  Kurtis J.:
>
> Depends on the design of the tonneau.  There must be enough material on
both
> sides of the zipper to seal water from seeping through the zipper.  My
four
> year old Moss issued version leaks through the zipper and did from day
one.

> Lou Metelko
> Auburn, Indiana
> 65 TR4A IRS

I have an original tonneau (metal zipper) and it leaks in a medium or worse
rain.  Water pools in the center and it has nowhere to go put through the
seams around the zipper and probably through the zipper itself.  I've often
thought of building a little padded console to sit on the transmission
tunnel, just tall enough to keep the center of the tonneau bowed up, so that
the water runs off.  Of course, in the meantime, I try to keep the car in
the garage on those rare rainy southern California days.

Paul W.
Torrance, CA