Re: Battery for a 76 TR6

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "John Mitchell" <jmitch@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Battery for a 76 TR6
From: "Creig & Kay Houghtaling" <oldtoys@brick.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 22:23:26 -0500
John,
I have what I believe is probably the original battery from my 76 TR7.  It
is a Lucas battery with the Lucas sticker on the face and "Lucas Pacemaker"
molded into the plastic of the water cap cover.  It is not a sealed battery,
but it does have the recirculation cover of the sealed batteries.
I obtained this car last year.  It had been parked for a great many years
prior.  I just guessed that this battery was original because of the Lucas
name on it.  I would think that most people would replace an original
battery with a generic aftermarket name.  But it could be a replacement
Lucas of later than 76 vintage.  I'll be curious to see what information you
get from others on this subject.
I could send you (and anyone else) a couple of pictures of this battery if
you like.
Creig Houghtaling
Member, St. Louis Triumph Owners Association www.sltoa.org

From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Subject: Battery for a 76 TR6

Does anyone know what type of battery would have been original to a 76
TR6.   I was thinking about getting one of the old tar top batterys,
which I think look kinda neat, but I wasnt sure if possibly a maitenance
free type battery might have been original. Anyone have a picture?

            TIA   John Mitchell>

---