Slow returning pedals part II

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Slow returning pedals part II
From: "The Ruperts" <rupert@journey.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:49:46 -0400
Listers,

For those of you who responded that my problem may be a broken spring internal
to the master cylinder, that was the forgotten memory jog that I was looking
for.  However, for those of you who responded that it may be a rusty shaft for
the pedals, I'm thinking you may actually be the prize winners.  There are
three reasons for this.  One, since it occurs with both brake and clutch, the
shaft would make sense.  Two, since I have a spare pedal assembly, I can
strip, clean, and paint it and make sure that the pedals rotate freely fairly
easily.  Three, I really don't feel like dumping that expensive purple stuff
unless I have to, so I'll try replacing the pedal assembly first.

I probably won't get to it until the weekend, but I'll post the results of the
pedal box change once finished.

Dave Rupert