LBC support vehicle question (F100)

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: LBC support vehicle question (F100)
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:46:23 -0500
This isn't really a LBC question, but the F100 has been used to haul
British parts and British cars.  And I know this list has a wide range
of knowledge.

Anyway, the vehicle in question is a 72 F100.  The steering coupling
(about the same as the silent block on TRs) is shot and needs to be
replaced.  I  bought a repair kit.  The rubber disk that connects the
steering column to the steering gear input has 4 studs going through it
2 (threaded)  connecting to the column and 2 connecting to the gear
input.  I can't get the 2 out that go to the gear input.  It appears
these are a pressure fit as neither end has a flat spots for a wrench.

Has anyone successfully  used one of these repair kits?  If so how did
you get the studs out?

Thanks,

Roger Elliott