spin on filter adapter

To: "INTERNET:Footfrek@aol.com" <Footfrek@aol.com>
Subject: spin on filter adapter
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 08:36:19 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net i37Ce9wY017379
Message text written by INTERNET:Footfrek@aol.com
>what  position  do   you  mount  a  spin on  filter adapter in? Does  the

bottom  of  the  filter  point   up  down or  etc.
Jason
71 TR6
<

Jason, I mounted mine with the bottom of the filter pointing mostly down so
that it won't drain when the engine is stopped.  I found that oil pressure
builds up much more quickly with this configuration than with the original
filter (which does drain).  Whether or not the spin-on filters drain in an
inverted position I can not tell you but they are supposed to have an
ainti-drain provision.  I've never tried it.  But the position I've
selected will ease removal and installation with less mess, I guess.

I say in the "mostly down" position because I had to swing it forward about
5 degrees to clear the clutch slave cylinder.  Hint: when installing,
before you snug up the main bolt, spin on a filter and make sure it doesn't
interfere with anything like the slave cylinder or fuel pump.

Dave Massey
71 TR6