RE: Ohms Law...

To: anabil@caltel.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Ohms Law...
From: "Rich White" <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:34:05 -0600 FILETIME=[96932F60:01C411CE]
>Can two (2)  14 gauge wires, twisted and soldered together, replace one
>short length  of 8 gauge wire??

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me...

I would think not.  The National Electrical Code requires 14 gauge to be
protected by a 15A breaker or fuse.  I do not remember the amps for the 8
guage but I think it is 40 or higher.  A 30A circuit can use 10 gauge wire.

Rich White  St. Joseph, IL USA
'63 TR3B TCF587L
That ain't a scrap pile, that is my car!
See it moves!