Re: Corrosion Protection

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Corrosion Protection
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:23:25 -0500
At 13:01 3/19/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello All
>      I just finished bead blasting my brake and clutch master cylinders
> and my
>PDWA and they look great! Now how do I keep them looking good? If I use
>somthing like WD 40 it will attract dirt. I was thinking about trying
>something like rainx as an experiment. Or maybe just paint them. I plan to use
>a synthetic fluif so paint wouldn't be a problem. what looks/works good?
>TIA
>Ken Copeland

Ken,e
I used a product called Alodine (from Eastwood, probably available
elsewhere for less $$) on my SUs and MCs.  The bits are still in boxes on
the shelf, so can't say how they'll weather, but they sure look good to me
(maybe only because that portion of the project is complete).  I can give
you the specifics of surface prep and pix if you're interested.

Jim

--
Jim
jhassall@blacksburg.net