Re: Aluminum rims - nonLBC

To: davidt@opentext.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aluminum rims - nonLBC
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 20:39:40 EST
In a message dated 3/14/04 7:50:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
davidt@opentext.com writes:

<< Is the rims. They seem to constantly leak, not much but enough. My
 thought is to put tubes in, what are other thoughts? >>

Have you located the leak?  Corroded bead areas can usually be sanded down
and sealer glop applied.  Valve stem leaks are ez fixes. Are the tires leaking?
I've had tires get old and cracked causing lots of leaks.  ( No fix for that
one)

If all the above is good, dunk the entire wheel in water and inspect the back
of the wheel.  Some wheels are porous causing leaks through the aluminum.
The factory fix is to dismount the tires, clean the tire side of the wheel and
apply epoxy paint.  This seals the pinholes and provides a leak proof seal.

Harold