Re: size of a Spitfire GT6 steering wheel?

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: size of a Spitfire GT6 steering wheel?
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 23:15:14 -0500
On 12 Mar 2004 at 20:51, Paul Dorsey asked:

> How many inches in diameter is a Spitfire GT6 steering wheel?

On my '70 GT6 the outer diameter is 15in.  On the '80 Spitfire it is
13.75in.  Don't know when the change took place but I'd guess either
the 1500 or mid-1979.  (A friend who once owned a Mk3 Spitfire
commented once on how the wheel blocked the view of the turn signal
indicator.  We figured they must have moved the indicator when they
shrunk the wheel because it still blocks the indicator with the
smaller wheel!)  One of the books on my shelf probably says when.
Haven't looked in a long time.  You need to know?

> Does anyone know if it will fit on a TR3?

Don't know if anyone knows if it will fit (that's what you asked),
but I would expect that someone does.  I sure don't know if it will
fit.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com