RE: TR4 signals/electrical

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 signals/electrical
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 18:18:21 -0800
> Awhile back I mentioned I picked up the TR4 from the paint shop,
> and when I
> left the signal lights were not working etc. Put in a new
> flasher, checked and
> cleaned the grounds.  While it does work, portions of it seem
> like its on meth
> or some other exotic drug.  The left signal light, works fine.  The right,
> while it works, flashers faster than a strobe in an old disco for a
> comparison.

One of the bulbs on the right is not drawing as much current as usual, most
likely because it's burnt out but possibly just because the bulb is old.
Could also be a bad connection, or even a bad wire.  Get someone to help,
and compare brightness between the two sides, the dim bulb is the problem.
The turn switch itself is also a suspect (in that case all the right bulbs
would be dimmer).

Randall