Gauge repair

To: "'Triumphs@Autox Net \(E-mail\)'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gauge repair
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:00:31 -0600
Randall Young mentioned that:

> The seal between the gauge and the dash was definitely supplied
> as a ring, but a modern O-ring is only an approximate substitute.
> The original was firmer, less stretchy, and I believe was rectangular
> in cross-section . . .
> unfortunately I don't know a part number or supplier offhand.

For what it's worth, there's a fellow on eBay selling these rings for
Triumph gauges , described as "not the plain 'ol round O-rings you can find
at all the usual suppliers, these are the correct square cross section rings
that go between the gauge and the dashboard".

You can see a set at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2466449406

NFI, and I haven't had a set in hand to evaluate yet

Jim Hill
Madison WI