TR6 Tires. Oh no not again!

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Tires. Oh no not again!
From: James Tschaikowsky <TschaikowskyJ@ORVIS.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 17:00:58 -0500
I'm on the eternal quest for the perfect tires for my 1976 TR6. What I would
like, is to keep overall size as close as possible (including width) to the
original 185R15's. Sure I would love to buy the remanufactured OEM Michelin
redlines from Coker.com, but ouch.... $170.00 per corner, plus tube!

Has anyone tried the coker classic redlines (I think they go for around
$115.00 or so and do not need tubes)? Are they the same size/width as the
OEM Michelin Redlines? How do they ride? does anyone know of a tire make and
model of modern rubber that is the same size / width as the the 185R15's

If anyone has any applicable tires they might like to sell me please let me
know.

Thanks

James Tschaikowsky
'76 TR6