RE: Manifold nuts

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Manifold nuts
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:36:04 -0800
> Randall, List,
>
> Where do you get "manifold" nuts?  Are they all brass?  Are they
> supposed to be brass?

I believe the originals were not brass, instead they were a special 'tall'
steel nut (possibly a special alloy of steel, they seem very soft).

I'm using original steel nuts everywhere except the outermost, exhaust-only
ones (without the clamp piece). The ones I use there are solid brass, and I
got them at the local auto parts store.  I believe they're used for the
headpipe to manifold connection on some popular GM V8s.

Randall