Re: Looking for a TR3 no more

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for a TR3 no more
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 10:00:16 -0700
I used AacrossUSA and was completely satisified but bear in mind that
'1' is a pretty small sample size.  In my case it came directly from
Long Beach, picked up one day and delivered the next morning and was the
only car on the (open) truck.  I do not expect that is typical and it
would be even more unlikely on a longer move.

You just have to weigh the cost vs the protection you get from using a
closed truck and perhaps company owned transport vs a broker (possibly
far away) lining you up with a owner/driver of an open truck.

I take Randall's point about nowhere is too far to drive but a newly
purchased vehicle is likely to have a few surprises no matter how honest
the seller has been -- do you want to get those surprises on your way to
Prescott or in the middle of a Iowa snow storm?

Congrats on returning to your TR3 roots -- look forward to seeing the
car on the road.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Mt Lemmon, AZ