Low power/missing (TR3A) = engine rebuild

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Low power/missing (TR3A) = engine rebuild
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:54:21 EDT
well just checked the compression ... 1 & 3 zippo, 2 & 4 150. Seems the
valves, seats or a combination with rings (#3 always burned oil more then the
others. Time to take care of it and upgrade, not that I haven't seen it coming.
Will dis-assemble this weekend.

I am considering 87mm AE Hepolites or Mahle. BPNW has a price of $390.00 for
the set/piston and liner (Mahle I think). A friend of mine suggested to try
Engel Imports in Michigan, any list experiance?

Any suggestions for the valves, etc? Any suggestion overall? I have a good
machine shop available for the head, seats, etc.

Bummer

Ed (58 TR3A)