Re: Bleeding Clutch

To: "Ron Easterly" <magician@usol.com>, "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bleeding Clutch
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:28:17 -0700
> Can some one tell me the right way to bleed the clutch system ( on a
TR3A ) or
> where to go to find documentaion on it?
> Without getting under the car, I can't find a bleeder valve...
> Is it on the trans housing?
>                              Thanks, Ron

Ron,

The bleeder is, in fact, under the car. It's on the clutch slave cylinder
which is bolted to a bracket on the left (driver's side) of the
transmission.  There are probably many ways to bleed it, but I use and
ez-Bleeder ($5 at most auto parts stores). It has a one way valve on a
length of plastic hose. Just slip it over the bleeder valve, put the valve
end in a jar, open the valve and pump the clutch a few times. Make sure the
fluid level in the reservoir doesn't go down too far while pumping. Keep
doing it until there are there are no more air bubbles coming out of the
cylinder, close the valve and top of the fluid level.

Bob