Re: TR250 top

To: <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: TR250 top
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:06:32 +0100
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I am happy to pass along that Robbins is now (again) making the TR250
top with correct TR250 reflective strips but with an optional zip out
window. A truely correct TR250 does not have a zip out window.

Sorry, Don - but with respect, I have to disagree. The TR250 demonstration car
we had at the London showroom was certainly fitted with a zip down (as against
zip out) rear centre panel. I know this to be the case because the top on my
1966 4A was knackered - as was the 250's but only with a slight tear about an
inch long on the rear deck. As it was a demo car, it had to be flawless, so
the top was changed. A very nominal sum of money was also exchanged and it
soon found itself on my car. Perhaps its important to establish whether the
term zip down or zip out is the ruling one - or have I missed a critical part
of the thread?

Jonmac