Help, need original TR3 disc wheels, Connecticut area

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, CTRIUMPH@egroups.com
Subject: Help, need original TR3 disc wheels, Connecticut area
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 09:36:51 EDT
I live in Central Connecticut and need at least two of the original steel
disc wheels for my TR3A.  I currently have some 40 yearold spokes on my car
with
spacers behind the splines so that I could switch to disc wheels when I want.
The spokes are fine up to about 55 MPH then I start to get significant wheel
wobble and have to slow down, I know that 2 of the spoke wheels are slightly
out of round from previous damage and are all but un-tuneable.

This weekend I mounted new tires on the steel discs that I have so that I
could make the cruise to Rhinebeck Field this weekend without having the wobble
problem.  Well, much to my chagrin, two of the disc wheels have a significant
offset in them and are downright dangerous over 35 MPH.

Is there anyone in Connecticut or just over the Connecticut line that has a
couple of these wheels that I could pickup and purchase?  Also, any fair to
good hubcaps would be helpful.

Thanks,

Gary Bouffard

PS  Where and what time is everyone meeting to go to Rhinebeck?